cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert:

Is there anyone who experienced to create an application to send SMS message(Only text) to specific mobile phone? Is that need to setup a netweaver AS to get it? Or only contact to telecom service provider to develop an interface for it? Thanks for your great help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did that with one of our customers while contacting a service provider to get his Webservice to do so. Actually we use the WebService of the provider, and whenever we send an SMS we get charged a few cent for that message. Check the web, there are several WebServices for SMS sending available. Complete Netweaver is not really necessary in that case.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your tip is so helpful. Really thanks. Your answer is very professional.

I am a ABAP software engineer in China. I want to make friends in this area. Could I have your contact information.

Edited by: Paul Jia on Feb 16, 2008 2:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thanks for this information.

To be honest: edit your message and delete your addres from there - otherwise you will get dumped with SPAM in the next weeks. Not by SAP, but auto crawlers will find the address and then use it. Save your informations on your Business card here at SDN - this is a safe method, can not be used by auto crawlers and everybody interested can find it

You can get my address from my business card here at SDN as well.

Looking forward hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank so much for you help. I really get it.

Regarding the WebService of provider, is that need to contact to provider to get it?

Could you please give me a detail information for this application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we talek to Vodafone in the UK and they provided us with the access details to the webservice. From there is was staight forward development. Ask your service provider. We are using two providers - but because we have about 800 devices live with that provider, he was really supportive to us. If you buy all devices from the same company and run them in their network, usually the provider is really helpfull. Just call them.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver