Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture shipment info -- Transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need to capture the information like

1) Distance between shipping point and ship to party.

2) Classification of trucks based on the size and capacity. Per KM rate of each type of truck.

3) Transporter master, and based on transporter SAP system display the types of truck he is having.

Plzz help on how I can capture the same information in SAP system

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wipro,

1) Distance between shipping point and ship to party.

Ans) It is depends upon Route, What your maintained in Transit Time

2) Classification of trucks based on the size and capacity. Per KM rate of each type of truck.

Ans) Manually you can select the truck in at the time of VT02N depends upon the capacity.

Automatically it is possiable but i have no idea.

3) Transporter master, and based on transporter SAP system display the types of truck he is having.

Ans) As per my Idea Transporter means Vendor for the company i.e Forwarding Agent abt the trucks that is u need to maintain as a Shipping type

I hope it is useful, Rewards if it is useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the clarification,

I need the distance between the shipping point and consignee to pay the Transporter based on the type of truck he is used. Transporter is paid as per KM basis.

Can u tell me how is it implemented using shipment costing...

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan you definately can maintain distance. and calculate freight accordingly if you wish...

Just go through this extract

Distance and other geographical considerations play an important role when calculating shipment costs.

You can define shipment cost conditions as dependent upon these considerations. For example, when defining a condition table in Customizing, you can select fields such as departure zone, destination region, destination postal code, and so on.

You define the condition tables for shipment costing in SD Customizing: Logistics Execution ® Transportation ® Shipment Costs ® Pricing ® Pricing Control ® Define price dependencies (condition tables).

For further information on the role of the condition table in pricing, see Condition Tables.

Features

You have the following options for representing geographical considerations in the system as part of pricing:

Distances

The distance can be used as a scale basis and calculation rule during the calculation of shipment costs. The distance can be stored in the shipment header or the shipment stage header. The distance can be entered in the following ways:

Manually

You can enter the distance manually in the shipment document

Routes and route stages

You can maintain the distance in route definition in Customizing for both routes and route stages. When the corresponding route is used, this value is copied to the shipment document as a system proposal.

Customer enhancement for distance determination

If you want to determine distances automatically, you can activate a customer enhancement (enhancement ‘V56DISTZ’), for user-defined distance determination.

Locations and zones

You have the following options for the origin of locations and zones that can be used to influence shipment costing. They are categorized into departure and destination-related data:

*Address data *

Data such as the country, region, postal code or transportation zone that can be used as fields to define the condition tables, can be taken from the shipment address data.

*Determination of tariff zones *

You can set the automatic determination of tariff zones in Customizing. A tariff zone is the combination of a postal code area for a country. The tariff zone is defined in terms of the

· Transportation planning point

· Service agents

· Shipping type

· Country

. For example, a postal code area has been assigned to a predefined tariff zone for a combination of transportation planning point, service agent, etc. If the system does not find a valid tariff zone for these criteria, it carries out determination again with an "empty" shipping type.

With the corresponding system settings, the tariff zone is determined automatically when it creates a shipment cost item. That is, when it creates a shipment cost document or when another item is created manually.

Prerequisites

If you want the system to determine distances from the route or route stage, you must maintain the distances in Customizing for route definition. You make these settings in Customizing: Sales and Distribution ® Basic Functions ® Routes ® Define Routes ® Define routes and stages.

If you want to use tariff zones for shipment costing, you must define them in Customizing and select them there for automatic determination. You make these settings in Customizing: Logistics Execution ® Transportation ® Shipment Costs ® Basic Shipping Functions ® Define and assign tariff zones

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose these functionality might be available in SCM - Transportation Management, but is not available in R/3 or ECC.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka