cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS IMPLEMENTATION ACTIVITIES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anybody can throw some light on what are the activities generally will involved in DMS impementation. Whether implementaion need to go in Phased manner or any other procedure?.

Thank You,

Warm Regards

Puratchi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Puratchi, below is the list of crucial tasks (note order might not be the same)

1. Identify the document types

2. Group them as Original files and additional files

3. Decide your numbering scheme and ranges

4. Deploy a content server / KPRO and define storage categories

5. If need be deploy a conversion engine.

6. Define your content versioning, Versioning, revisioning strategies,

7. Define the relevant Work station applications

8. Determine the status network

9. Work out your roles and authorizations

10. Determine how change management gets done

11. Determine the release strategy.

12. And most importantly legacy Data migration to SAP.

Well my friend thats all I can think of on top of my head. Its easier said but there is whole lot of Business process involved aound each of the above mentioned steps. There is also lot of other processes and development involved specific to the clients requirements. Anyways I think you must have got a general idea of the activities, what is involved and what it takes for a DMS implementation. Generally DMS implementations are single phased, they also involve Data migration. They have the typical SAP project approach like BP phase, realization, testing and implementation then Go Live.

Award points if you find above content useful.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagasree Kamisetty,

Thank you for your effort taken to explan about the DMS activities and its very much useful too. Do you have any sample project plan of DMS, if so can you able to send to my mail Id: puratchimani@numericups.com.

Tks

Puratchi