cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit the I/P Field with 4 Digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In my application i need to limit the size of the Input Field to 4 Digits.How is this possible?

Also can i limit the value according to my requirement,i mean in someother fields i need to limit the size by 8 Digits and so on.

Please let me know about this.

Thanks and regards,

Chandrashekar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a simple type of type String and set its maximum length to 4 in the defnition tab.

2. Create a value attribute and set its type to the simple type created above

3. Bind the value property of the input field to the attribute defined above.

Regard,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

How can i create a simple type of type String and set its maximum length to 4 in the defnition tab.I mean where is this definition tab located.Can u brief me out of what exactly i need to do.

How to Create a value attribute and set its type to the simple type created above?

How to Bind the value property of the input field to the attribute defined above?

I am new to this WebDynpro technology,kindly let me know what exactly i need to do.

Thanks and regards,

Chandrashekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You can find it in WebDynpro Explorer under Dictionaries node-> Local Dictionaty-> Data Types->Simple Type

Right Click on Simple Type and create a new simple type. by default you will get Definition Tab where you can specify length constraints.

2. Value attribute:Go to context tab in you iview. right click on context icon and add value attribute to context.

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open your WD project>Dictionary>Local Dictionary>Data Types>Simple Types-->Right CLick and select create new simple type

<name> and <package>

Now you can see your simple type in the editor and set the maximum length to 4.

save the metadata

Open your view and you can see a context tab.

Right click on Context node and select new value attribute

name it .

Go to the properties of the value attribute and select its type to the simple type that we created by selecting the button in the rightmost corner ...

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (0)