cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project system; external processing costs flow in cn41?

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

Kindly help in giving solution how to activate/get the costs flown materialwise or services in external processing of network.

in CN41, costs in External processing of Newtork are flown at header level is., material level or Service level only. but line items of materials or services are coming in report (cn41), the values of planned costs or actuals costs are not flowing in line itemwise.

pl help

Thanks & regards

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Line items are getting displayed, because they are a part of the project structure. While on the subject, remember, it is a structure report, and not a cost report. Hence line item being there does not necessitate cost details.

You may also notice that the project object that is reported along with the material is purchase requisition and purchase order number is not figuring anywhere.

I do agree, logical data base PSJ which is the basis for structure reports contains almost everything related to projects including purchase order tables EKKO and EKPO. But standard reports do not provide these.

Ofcourse, there may be some methods, I am not aware of, which could be used to bring about the desired results.

Let us hear from others.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, CN41 being a structure report, is programmatically not designed for giving, planned /actual cost at material compoennt level. I

I request informed reaction of others.

Muraleedharan.R

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

may be true that beyond header level of ext. processing in network, the costs assigned at planning level & actual costs after migo-gr level are not to be flown in cn41.

but why the line items are displayed in cn41 in project object level to show only 0 values.

To my knowledge and experience on SAP, Standard report, is to be activated in img so that the line item values will flow in all reports apart from Header level in ext. processing.

Regards

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri ,

Try by choosing order cost plan 0 in choose fields options in CN41. You can see all material costs.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CN4 being a structure report does not offer material cost (planned or actual) at the first level. However,a detailed version of the report gives price of components as defaulted in network while entering / transferring the components in /to the network. You can get this report as below:

Execute CN41 ->Go To->Individual overview->Components

With this you get all the details of components. Here you go to change layout and opt for quantity, price, currency, qty received etc.

I think this will meet your requirement.

Another option is to use report S_ALR_8701531 ->Goto->Callup report->line items. This will give more information than you are looking for.

If this meets your requirement, you may close the posting.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EK01 & EK02 are not transactions - they are pricing condition types which enable updation of cost in sales orders.

These condition types have no relevance to the issue at hand. I will revert to this shortly.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To get the costs flow i think you can try by using condition EK01(actual Costs)and EK02(Planned costs).check these areas of IMG-Project systems-Revenue &earnings-integration with SD documents-Assign cost condition to sales documents.

This area is more to do with resource related billing.

I hope this is usefull to you.Kindly reward points if it so.

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i am not getting ek01 or ek02, my system says transaction does not exist.

also, i would like inform you that i am not looking for resource related billing, but i wud like have in normal scenario, how the costs of each line item/material/service wise in cn41 level,

kindly note that i am getting the total costs of (planned or actual) material/services of external processing are flowing in cn41 report. but not getting item/material/service wise costs as per pr-po.

pl look into the same & let us know any config is to be done.

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cn41report ,when you click on network there is a check box below functions for automatic updation of costs whose status must be in ticked for automatic updation of costs.Pls check this in your system and revert back please.

Thanking you,

Best regrds,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Shrihari

U mentioned that "not getting item/material/service wise costs as per pr-po". Means u r creating Purchase requisition / Purchase order in MM.

Could u tell while doing the PR / PO - r u referring the Account Assingment category - P (project could be WBS also) or N (network activity)???

If u refer "N" only the correponding Cost will flow into the Network Activity where u can drill down in CN41 and adding the fields(actual costs) to see the report with cost.

ENJOY SAP PS

Regards

PP

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

in cn 41 screen i don't find any check box in network, pl clarify where this comes either at menupath level or in field level

pl

regards

srihari

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pp,

we make pr- thru network only in external processing for material/service.

eg; in ext. processing purchase materials -

>

in component overview i give material 1 - rs. 10

material 2 - rs. 20

pr is created per line itemwise and two pos made or single po

in cn41, we get only

planned costs actual costs

purchase maetrials 30 30 (after migo-gr)

material 1 0 0

material 2 0 0

my requirement, how i can get Rs. 10 for material 1

Rs. 20 for material 2

hope i have clarified, pl let me know how i can get values line itemwise either materials or services.

pl note pr material is line itemwise only

regards

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me which ps info profile you are choosing.I am checking by inputing 000000000001 FOR THE FIELD

ps info profile .THEN PRESS ENTER.iN THIS SCREEN pls input your network number and execute.The Resultant screen

you may double click on the network to see for relavant infromations

Thanking you,

Best regrds,

R.Srinivasan

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

I am using same PS profile -000000000001 & executing the CN41

In the resultant screen, i am getting the complete project info structure & click on network, it expands with line items in project object level and after selecting the Proj 000 & actual costs columns, the values of material/services are not flowing.

the values are flowing at header level with cumulative of planned & actuals costs of material/service.

hope i have give the reqd info.

regards

Srihari