cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to create a webservice in XI and how to Expose it?Hav a rigid timeline.Will appreciate any help.

Thnx in Advance,

Anil Kumar Veepuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You have not mentioned clearly what exactly your scenario is. if it is

1) webservice(from X application)--> XI --> R/3

2) R/3 --> XI -->webservice(to X application)

3) webservice -> XI -> webservice

in which ever case you would define all your interfaces, mappings in IR and appropriate channels/ adapters/ agreements in ID.

Only (for the cases of sender webservice, you are expected to give the wsdl files, which is as below)

When you want to inform the other parties that you are done with your set-up for webservice, you can give them the wsdl by this way

In ID, in Tools tab there is 'define webservice' , click that option and the rest is self explainable (wizard) which takes in certain input like sender IF, party, NS etc.... and finally ends up creating a WSDL. This can be exposed to the outside party, with that they can hit your XI as a webservice server.

during the process, you may need to give the url for your XI server which would act as webservice server, the way to build the same is provided in Soap adapter documentation of sap help. (http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel)

For receiver webservice, you normally call the url provided by the third party & get your response back.

Hope this helps to fix your issue.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Configuring a Scenario WS->XI->DB. I need the steps that hav to b done in the Integration Directory.I hav done the configuration in the Business System of the Integration Dir once and also in the Business Service of the IntgDir.Can anyone help me out in Configuring the IntgDir.

Thnx

Anil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

<i>>>I'm Configuring a Scenario WS->XI->DB</i>

Are you calling a web service exposed by XI from some ASP page? Then you have to do the following :

In ID you have to create 2 communication channel.Sender Communication Channel should be with SOAP Adpater and DB Adapter is to be used for the receiver. Create the Sender Agreement, Receiver Determination, Interface Determination and Receiver Agreement. Then finally create the WSDL by going to Configuration Tool->define web service.

<b>ASP <i>or from browser</i></b> (SOAP ADAPTER)> <b>XI</b> (DB ADAPTER)> <b>DB</b>

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can go thru this article on <b>How to Set Up a Web-Service-Related Scenario with SAP XI</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/how to set up a web-service-related scenario with sap xi.pdf

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I hav done the same wot u were saying.I got the WSDL.I was testing using the URL

'http://iscsapapp4w:51000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:ACN_ANIL_WEB_SRV_BS1:WEB_SERV_COMM_CHNL_SENDER'

where ACN_ANIL_WEB_SRV_BS1 is my Business System which sends the message and WEB_SERV_COMM_CHNL_SENDER is the sender comm channel(SOAP adapter). But i was not getting the wsdl file in the InternetExplorer. I was getting the followin message:

Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:

Servlet com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/aii/30_VAL_REL/src/_adapters/_soap/java/com/sap/aii/af/mp/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#10 $) bound to /MessageServlet

Classname ModuleProcessor: null

Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean

Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null

ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated

ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorLocalLocalObjectImpl0

ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated

How shud i know my WebSrv is working.

Plz help me out guys.

Thnx

Anil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil,

You can test your WebSrv using XMLSPY. Create a SOAP Request from your WSDL and send it to the XI server. Like this you will be able to know whether you WebSrv is working or not...

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Look through these blogs:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services(Xi exposed webservices)

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/03/18/points-to-ponder-over-while-considering-webservices-implementations-vis-a-vis-eai(web service implmentation)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/23/communication-between-sap-system-webservice-using-proxies(commn between sap and web sevices using proxies)

and

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

All the blogs were providing the info in an abstract way. Can anyone help me out in Creating a WebService in XI in detail.An example scenario wud really help me out. If not some detail info wud do.

Thnx in Adv

Anil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

First create your Scenario in the Integration Directory, then Go to Configuration Tool->define web service. WSDL for your scenario is created and you can expose it.

Go thru this thread:

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Have a look at this weblog,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

cheers

Sameer

Hope this helps you