cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have Plan Driven with classic scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a doubt for you. Is it possible to have the business scenario "Plan Driven" with technical scenario "classic scenario"?

Thanks,

Ivá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

In the implementation that we are planning, we try to have all the sourcing in SRM using Plan Driven and SUS. All of this with standar configuration.

So, I ask for suggestions about which can be the best option in technical scenario.

You told me that in classic I cannot create PO in R/3.

Do you know if there can be other kind of limitation in extended scenario?

Thanks,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Do you recommend that I implement extended classic scenario?

If it is implemented, I would not have any problems with PO using standar configuration?

Thanks for you help,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

without knowing the whole picture I do not recommend anything. I assume, the process you are discussing in this thread is not the only one. You need to look at the whole landscape and processes and find the best solution to accomodate the biggest portion and find individual solution

for the rest.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

If I use Classic scenario, I cannot create PO in ERP??

I want a process like this:

1.- PR (Generated in ERP by MRP)

2.- PR (Is Transported to SRM)

3.- PR (Source of supply in SRM)

4.- PO (Created in ERP after PR is completed)

5.- Confirmations and Invoices (entered in SUS)

6.- Confirmations and Invoices (created in ERP after their entrance in SUS)

Can I have it with Classic scenario??

In the best way, I would like to have the following process:

1.- PR (Generated in ERP by MRP)

2.- PR (Is Transported to SRM)

3.- PR (Source of supply in SRM)

4.- PO (Created in SRM after SC is completed and a copy in ERP)

5.- Confirmations and Invoices (entered in SUS)

6.- Confirmations and Invoices (created in ERP after their entrance in SUS)

Thanks,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct.

Question for you: Why to push all Req from MRP up to SRM, when you are using classic?

The advantage of sourcing functionality is in R/3. Sourcing in SRM esp. for MRP Materials

makes mostly sense, when a new supplier is needed and a whole sourcing process needs

to be done. When all this is in place, R/3 does the sourcing in classic.

What you are looking for is extended classic, where all the sourcing is done in SRM

Anyhow, you can modify the standard to get a PO created. There are some threads in the

forum about this.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

I have exactly the same problem, please comment me your decision, i can do it to you if you want. Another possibility is give you me mail account.

Regards,

Nacho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

You can definitely have Plan Driven Procurement (PDP) scenario in Classic Scenario.

You will create P.R in R/3 and that P.R goes to SRM for sourcing there you can create a Bid Invitation / Live auction depending on your requirement.

The only thing you have to make sure is the Sourcing setting in SPRO should be "Always carry out sourcing" for the concerned product category.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to Teja, tricky is the generation of PO to close the whole cycle when needed.

Based on standard this is not possible, but can be accomplished with development.

Cheers,

Claudia