cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can xMII access/create data in the NetWeaver database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning a Proof of Concept and the SAP Basis person wants to know if we can leverage the Oracle database that must be installed for NetWeaver as the database for custom tables for our xMII applications. I know we have a license arrangement that the Oracle database must only be used by "SAP" and we can't connect with SqlPlus and the like.

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the netweaver oracle database, with a schema which only allows us to access our own tables, which we can create/edit/query through TOAD

I don't know about licensing issues, I believe we have a site license which covers us.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amy,

this is an interesting question we were also facing. We are not allowed to use the NetWeaver Oracle DB because of security issues. We had to use another DB where we could also use DB Tools like Toad or SQL Developer.

What is the common direction for xMII implementations? I guess every project needs a DB to store settings or application data.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

My "Basis guy" says that not being able to use Toad is not a problem because NetWeaver provides all the tools you need to manage the data. As I have not drunk the SAP kool aide yet I don't know if that is true.

Neither do I know if you can even access the NetWeaver database using the xMII data source.

Hmmm... Other opinions out there?

--Amy Smith

Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, xMII Version 12...

--Amy