Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's

I have Installed SAP MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 1 on Solaris with Oracle 10g

Initially I could create the repository also but when I changed the DBMS settings Data Path and Index Path from Blank to some path. I am not able to create repository and in the Server Log I see the following Error.

==============================================================================

2008/02/14 15:58:12.139 Error: Service 'MD1', Schema 'A2i_xCat_DBs', ERROR CODE=1435 ||| ORA-01435: user does not exist

ZTEST_m000 does not exist or bad password provided

Last CMD: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = ZTEST_m000

6 2008/02/14 15:58:12.208 Init Database Tag: ZTESTMD1ORCL_5_3_4_3

6 2008/02/14 15:58:12.300 Error: Service 'MD1', Schema 'A2i_xCat_DBs', ERROR CODE=1435 ||| ORA-01435: user does not exist

ZTEST_m000 does not exist or bad password provided

Last CMD: ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = ZTEST_m000

But even after I set the Data Path and Index Path to blank what it was, I still get the same error. Can someone please guide me on this one?

Needs to resolve this Urgently.

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question had differnt issues in it related to SAP MDM 5.5 SP6 and all of those were answered with subsequent replies.

thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pravin,

how can I get the Standard Business Content in the system. Like I want to have "Business Content for Product and Material" I have downloaded the ZIP file but whats next ? Can you please guide me in this regard ?

In the downloaded Zip file, you will find .a2a file for Product and material.

you have to keep those .a2a files in the archive folder.

go to console --> Right clcik on MDM server --> from the context menu choose UNARCHIVE REPOSITORY --> in the pop up

give entries for DBMS server, login, password, repository name and archive name.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

You said that you have changed your DBMS settings. Have you changed it from Solaris to someother dbms like oracle/sql. If yes then you are getting this error because the version of SAP MDM which you are using probably supports solaris only. You will have to download MDM again from market place which supports all the database.

Hope I am able to solve your problem

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit Chadha,

NO I did not. When I said I changed the DBMS Settings that means. In the SAP MDM COnsole, right click on mounted MDM server, click on DBMS Settings, Input the DBMS Server, username and passowrd and on the screen I changed the Data Path and Index Path.

As per me Data Path is for creating the data file of Oracle tablespace for the Data part of Repository. and Index Path is for creating the data file of oracle for the Index part of the same Repository.

Following error may also help which I see in the server log at the time when I tried to create the repository.

2008/02/14 15:44:08.957 Creating Repository: ZTEST, on DBMS Server: MD1

6 2008/02/14 15:44:09.164 Error: Service 'MD1', Schema 'sapr3', ERROR CODE=1119 ||| ORA-01119: error in creating database file ' /oracle/MD1/sapdata2/A2I_ZTEST_m000_Ix.DBF'

ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file

SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Last CMD: CREATE TABLESPACE A2I_ZTEST_m000_Ix DATAFILE ' /oracle/MD1/sapdata2/A2I_ZTEST_m000_Ix.DBF' SIZE 128K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 256K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 32K NEXT 128K MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCREASE 0)

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution to the half part of it. Now I could create the repository.

Solution : When I changed the Data Path and Index Path, by default there was a space at the begning and hence it was non existant path, once I removed the Space I could create new repositories. But the problem which I still have is.

The repositories which failed while creation, becuase of this bad path in the DBMS Settings are still there and I can not create those again. Can someone guide me for how to delete those from clix ? or any other means and clean it up?

Many thanks in advance.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

First, stop your DBMS server thentry to delete that files from Archive folder, i think it might solve your problem.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did reinstall of MDM and recreated the DB, In short started all fresh and now I am good. The new problem for me is, how can I get the Standard Business Content in the system. Like I want to have "Business Content for Product and Material" I have downloaded the ZIP file but whats next ? Can you please guide me in this regard ?

and next will be How can I install Portal connector and get a Portal Content? is this has to be done on Portal Server or on MDM server? Do I need to have seperate Portal Installed on MDM host?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos