Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create users at PI's UME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create a user at PI's UME, I get error:

"An error occurred; contact your system administrator "

I look into NWA's trace file, I get:

An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector. Message: Cannot create user J8$$Y08T#4QG in ABAP backend system. Reason: The UME/ABAP adapter has recognized that the communication user is only assigned to the read-only role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO (or no role at all) in the backend... see details

Above error log refers oss note 908911. I have applied this note but stll get the same error.

Please help identify the problem. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may not be having enough authorization to create users. check if you have all the roles required using SU01 tcode in SAP system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Have you generated Profiles for that role?

Execute PFCG Tcode give role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION,display then go to user tab,click on User comparison,in pop up window click on Complete Comparison.

Check whether this role status is in green color or not in roles tab in SU01.

Thanks,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create user from SU01 transaction once it is created assign the respective roles.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I log into UME as j2ee_admin, I can modify users but cannot create. So that's NOT a permission issue.

2) the 2 role for JSF_COMMUNICATION are generated.

3) I can create users at SU01 but they do NOT show up on PI's UME. Please tell what roles are needed.

Please help, urgent. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if the user: J2EE_ADMIN has the role: SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

using Tcode: SU01

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It must be a permission issue. That is stated clearly in the error message you listed:

The UME/ABAP adapter has recognized that the communication user is only assigned to the read-only role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO (or no role at all) in the backend

Which roles are assigned to SAPJSF?

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPJSF has both SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO and SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION.

Do I absolutely need to re-start the j2ee after above roles are assigned? Thanks!

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

You do not need both roles. the RO role is read-only. If you want read-write, you can remove this role. This will probably eliminate the error message. Then we can see where the problem lies.

-Michael

To answer your question, you do not need to restart the AS Java for role changes you made in the back-end.

-Michael

Edited by: Michael Shea on Feb 18, 2008 3:57 PM