cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Text Description from template to Quote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My user wants to add text descriptions in a quote template defining sections in the items, such as software, hardware, etc...This section header should be copied over to a sales doc but not beyond that.

My question, do I have to define a text material type just to add a section header like this or can I define the section with an item category that will allow for copy control?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can maintain text determination running VOTX

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is this really a text determination issue? Isn't that for storing texts in the TEXTS tab of the item details? What I want to do is put a text description in the description field of the items view of the SALES tab that can be copied from Quote to SO.

emery

Former Member
0 Kudos

i suppose VTAA is not enough

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emeroy,

I think what you just need to configure the Texts from VOTXN for sales order item categories only.

So the same item catgeories will get copied from quote to sales order as both are sales order level documents. And in the requirements of these text determination you can restrict them by document category. This way it will become fool proof.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

after text config run SO10 and create your text

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you problem is related to text , I think you need to configure the text determination procedure through T.code - VOTXN.and there u can pass it on . from quotation to order , if required to delivery and billing also .

Thanks And Regards

Srianth