cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I install a stand-alone Adapter engine for MI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder if I can install a stand-alone Adapter engine (i.e. JAVA SE) for MI?

Points guaranteed. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you talk about the XI Adapter Engine - why not. It is possible to exchange data with XI that way - but why do you want to do that? With Generic Sync and Smart Sync you have all posibilities to exchange data with R/3.

Or am I wrong here - what do you want to do?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

The reason is that we are NOT sure if Generic Sync and Smart Sync can exchange the data with

the integration server .

Please share your experience. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

well, this is a little tricky. Out of the box MI does not support connection to XI. With MI7.1 this will change in a later release - but up to MI7.0 it is not possible. BUT: if you store the data in R/3 and from there send it to the mobile device it is not an issue. Well, Mobile devices present data that is in the backend system available - so all data you have there can be send to the mobile device. But I think this is a general discussion we can possibly share better by Skype or MSN. Feel free to contact me - see my details in the card.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Could you tell me if I install a JAVA SE for the MI7.0, can the MI exchange data with an integration server?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, that is not the usual way of handling data with MI.

Well, MI exchanges data with the Middleware and the backend via SyncBO or Generic Sync. SyncBO is a data container that does the complete delta handling for example. The connection will be: XI receive data from an external system and stores that data in R/3. Then the SyncBO retrieves this data via GETLIST and GETDETAIL handlers and then the data comes down to the device with the next sync.

BUT: the thing above is extremely drilled down - because of that it is only seen as a general answer. To discuss it more in depth, feel free to get in touch with me. The question I have in mind is till: what do you want to do with the XI connection.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)