cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break point does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a Smartform and a print program. I have made some changes to the Smartform and then I am trying to pass some data from Print Program to the Smart form.

But the data does not pass. When I try to debug the debugger does not start.

It directly creates the Spool. I have kept break points in the Print Program when I Call the Function Module.

I have hardcoded the break points in the smart form.

BREAK-POINT.....and also break ACCCC.(User Name).

It does not stop, the transaction that I use is VG02.

VG02>Enter the Group No>Click on Output>Enter the Message type>Select and click on Communication-->

I give LOCL --> and Come back and hit the save button.

After that when I look into spool it creates a spool.

Can any one suggest me where I am doing wrong..

Thanks,

chaithanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try to make a break point on ENTRY routine u r using.

find it in print prg. and put break point there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.......

I have re-executed the transaction. But it did not stop at the break point.

Can any one explain me about the UPDATE task. How to check it. I have activated the code and the Smartform.

I made several break points in the print program, but I don't knw why it does not stop.

When I execute the Smartform. It goes to SE37 and when I execute it(F8). Add some data in the internal table and run it. It stops at the break point where I wrote break AXXX.

Thanks & Regards,

Chaithanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if right form is configured agianst the print program.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I checked in the Table TNAPR. It is the right form with the right print program. As I have mentioned I have made some changes(add new text elements) to the smartform. I can see the changes when the Spool is created.

For the UPDATE debugging method. I have gone to Settings-->Display/Change Debugger Settings and I have enabled the check box UPDATE check box. Is this the right way...

Thanks,

chaithanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I heard when it is run in a back ground job the break point does not stop.

Thanks,

chaithanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether this operation is in any UPDATE task. If so you have to activate the update debugging from breakpoint settings. Then it should work.

Then also check whether the code or forms which you use are activated and are at the proper blocks.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

http://www.sourceveda.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The break-point should work. After setting up the break-point, go out of the VG02 and re-execute the transaction VG02. This might solve the problem.

Cheers!