cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how posting key is taken up when we generate accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am trying to bill a customer using billing type RE which is credit for returns. but when i generate posting document instead of crediting the customer account its getting debited ie) it is taking up the posting key 01 instead of 11 .

how this posting key is determined when we generate accounting documnet .

if u have any questiin or clarification kindly ask me.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jasmine

Please check in VOFA for billing type RE, whether you have assigned S2 in Document Type.

As you would know RV is for Debit and S2 for Credit and if the field is left with blank, then in standard SAP, only it will take RV, and that is why instead of credit entry, you get debit entry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

start with checking OBXW, here you check the customer item outgoing invoice, where you will find posting keys assigned for debit and credit. Might be its configured wrongly here.

Second, Check T.code OB40 this is where we tell what type of accounts are affected with this posing key and is the effect a debit or credit. You have radio buttons for it.

But remember these are all standard SAP config settings and i guess there would really be a need to change them here if not while practising.... Make the settings as required and do consult an FI guy on this.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the VKOA data maintained & also OB40. From SD side, these are the two possible area where theproblem may be at Billing Level, instead of Posting Key. At Billing Level, it is account key, which will play an inportant role in case of VKOA, instead of Posting Key.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jasmine

The posting Keys are defined in the t.code OBXW.

Please look at this for Customer item outgoing invoice, G/L account item outgoing invoice and Customer item with special G/L indicator.

Prasad