cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not able to see the projects information on the Dashboard other than Project Name and Number. Is there any configuration missing for this.

regards,

rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

I have one issue, even after setting all this, I have problem with "Project Scope Met" and "Staff Status" columns . These two colunms are not displaying any data. Can you please let me know how these fields are calculated and what they are suppose to display.

Thanks

Pugazh

pugazh_as@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pugazh,

I regret that I do not have any information on these specific fields as we have not actively used them yet. I'll keep you and this discussion thread in mind if I come across anything.

Best wishes,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajesh,

I'm not sure if you are talking about additional columns or the data that should show in the columns. If you are talking about the data that should show in the dashboard table, please see this response that I had sent to another user previously. (It may have been before the forums split.)

Our team just figured this out to some extent and we are still working through some details. This is for cProjects 4.0, we were on SP 7 (and this is still working for SP10).

There are a couple of different things that you need to configure. The dashboards, specially the fields that you described, don't populate unless evaluations are set up to run for your project types.

1) Structure -> Define Project Types - Pay attention to two settings for your project types.

a) Check - Easiest way to get this started is to select the option "Background Processing; User; Save". If Background Processing only - you have to run the program DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO on the backend for the dashboard extract layout (which I'll talk about below).

If User - the user can invoke through the screen.

If Save - the evaluations assigned to the project type will run whenever the project is saved. To see your dashboard start to work, set a project type to all three settings so you can see the data populated on a save.

b) Use Dashboard - make sure this is checked.

2) Evaluations -> Define Extract Layouts -- Verify that 0_DASHBOARD extract layout exists. This determines what columns can be displayed in all of your dashboards. It's the default provided by SAP. It's mentioned in note 900310.

This is the extract layout that you could select as an option in the DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO program if you have to use the background processing option described above.

3) Evaluations -> Assign Extract Layouts to Project Types

Make sure that the 0_DASHBOARD layout is assigned to every project type for which you want to see dashboard data.

I hope this is everything to get it started for you.

Best wishes,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your response. I had done the same setting already. But i have changed the setting from Scheduled, Manual and Save. Then after saving the data of project, it has done the Evaluation. But i dont think the manual or scheduling is working properly. How exactly scheduling works in SAP ? Where we need to specify the time for scheduling.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The manual setting will work if you are on the project element in the project and click "Check" button. This will cause evaluations to run for that specific project. I think it runs all evaluations mapped to that project type, but I have not confirmed this through testing yet.

For scheduled you can set up a batch job to run DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO at certain times. You can see this program and try it if you use SA38.

I haven't set up a batch job yet, so I don't have any information on how to set that up. I might learn it here in the next two weeks. If something comes up, I will send you another message.

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Just above the dashboard, there is one link ' settings'. Click on

this and add other project information like Project type,Planned and Actual costs etc.

Reward me points if useful

Regards,

Laxminarasimha