cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP impact of cancelling Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am a FICO consultant so if this is simple sorry.

I have a client who is moving the sales process away from SAP.

therefore they are migrating out their open and part delivered sales orders.

They want to have a way of freezing, or removing the sales orders and need to know the impact on MRP

The third party system will be interfacing to MRP, and therefore dont want the original sales orders to double the value in MRP.

What is the best solution, cancelling, marking for deletion, deleting, adjusting MRP once?

Points will be awarded for useful replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The best solution would be to mark the whole sales order as rejected, by putting a reason for reason of rejection. As soon as line is rejected, it will withdraw its requirements.

Putting reason of rejection is also simple to do.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, and for say 5000 orders, I guess an LSMW is the way, do you block and line item or header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I think it can be done via t code MASS, which would be much quicker.

Object BUS2032

field MASSVBAP-ABGRU

I ran this for a small sample and a few did not work.

Can you confirm the impact of part delivered and open sales orders against the rejection indicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In part delivered and part open sales order.

Your fully delivered lines will have no change. For partially delivered lines, the item quantity will reduce to the delivered quantity, but then there has been different results with different transactions. And I never saw the same result with same transaction on repetition, bt then we were in 4.6c. Hence my suggestion would be to make a standard BDC program for va02 change, with the option of downloading the sales order and line items which failed or gave an error.

For open line items, the line item will be completely rejected.

I wrote all above with the thought that the rejection reason maintained in the header will get copied into sales line item. IF there is user exit which prevents this or changes this behaviour then you will have to do an independent study to find out whts the right design process would be.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what needs to be ensured is to move away the SD orders without impacting the MRP requirements. So putting a deletion indicator at line item level would withdraw the requirements from MD04.

running a BDC would be a better idea i guess since there would be a lot transaction data.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Need your thoughts on my requirement.

I want to deliver an item which is assigned with " Reason for rejection code ". I want to capture the code and at the same time system should't stop me processing the line item further.

Would appreciate your early response.

Thank you in advance.

Answers (0)