Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking in outbound delivery should reserve quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are not using WM.

Is it possible in SAP standard that the system reserve the picked quantity for the outbound delivery.

In other word,

I have 100 kg in unrestricted use (UU).

I create my delivery for 25 kg, then my stock is still 100 kg UU.

Then I do my picking request. Then 75kg are in UU and 25kg is reserved for this delivery.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

*Delivery is possible only for the picked quantity...*

In other words, if you are creating a delivery for 25kgs, you would have already picked that and post goods issue for 25kgs.

Once picking and PGI is done, the comes to RU (restricted use)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

I am able to reserve the quantity after the delivery has been created if a batch is maintained.

The picking has no influence but the business is happy with first solution.

Indeed I think that picking will never have influence on reservation if WM is not used. If WM was implemented I think the picking could generate a transfer order that could move the batch from a storage bin to another which is reserve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghav,

I don't really understand what you mean.

The process is the following :

today I create 2 deliveries without batch => delivery 0001 and 0002 saved

tomorrow at 14:00 I put the batch BBB1 and I picked the quantity for delivery 0001 => delivery 0001 saved (no Goods issue yet)

tomorrow at 14:05 I put the same batch BBB1 and I picked for delivery 0002. Then I try to do the GI ==> The system should block this GI as the batch BBB1 was reserved for delivery 0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually, if u create delivery by (VL01n) and then save. that is enough for the system to reserve the quantity for the order. it will show in the reserved stock only.

There is no need to do the PGI. This is the standard functionality,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva,

But this part of customizing is the all MRP/ATP which is one of the biggest part of SD.

I don't really know where this functionality can be activated, and even if this is possible.

I am talking of quantity reservation after picking and before GI.

I am not sure if this is possible because it has no business logic.

It is just that in our company, the SAP picking is done 2 hours before an effective picinking (meaning put the stuff on the truck). Thus during those 2 hours, the picked batches must be reserved.

Indeed, batch management is active...

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can carry out using Availability check control at SPRO -> Sales and distribution -> Basic functions -> Availability check and transfer of requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards