cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP: How to upload file in .NET Portal environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm really battling to get a file uploaded in a "SAP Portal Project" when developing within Visual Studio...it is NOT as straight forward as it seems...

In Java I remember just placing a "file upload" HTMLB control on the JSP page and away you go...something like the following:

<hbj:fileUpload id="myFileUpload".......</hbj:fileUpload>

In BSP you have similar features...

Now in .NET I can EASILY get it to work in a standard ASP.NET application BUT when it comes to putting a "FileUploadControl" on the ".ascx" page in the SAP Portal Project it all seemed cool. Then I right-clicked on it and said "run as server control" and thought all would be good. Then ALL the POST backs for the page never worked....I would click on a button and no event would be triggered on the server...(try it) so I unticked the "run as server control" and then the events fired again BUT then I can't access the file that the user wants to upload.....aaaarrgggg

I would assume this is VERY common piece of functionality to provide on the Portal...

Is thier any "File Upload" control that should be under the "SAP Netweaver" controls in the toolbox?

Any help in this regard or sample code would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file upload control will work in the next version of the PDK for .NET.

We also added File Upload control to SAP Netweaver controls.

The next version planed to be relase at the end of 2005 as part of SP15.

Regards,

Yehuda