cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 5.5 JAVA API - No RFC message - ClientSocket.Login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the MDM4J.jar API and trying to connect to the MDM server with the CatalogData.Login and have given the right details.

The problem is I get No RFC message (0x0)earlier I got the ClientSocket.Login error seems to be one and the same! I also followed the thread where someone got the same kind of error but it seemed that the version of the jar file was incorrect. How can one find out if it is the right versioned jar? Also how can I find out if there is some other problem and not the version problem?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Could you please let me know the version of your MDM Server.

You can find the latest jar files at SAP service market place. And also check the port number you are trying to connect.

Thanks

Subbu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

BTW: You can examine the version/build number of the JAR by executing: java -jar MDM4J.jar

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas for the tip on the finding the version number I will surely try that out.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhami,

Jar file is part of MDM service pack downloads. When you download the servermodulesmdm4j and mdm4jadmin, youhave all the API requirements.

Socket login comes when you have 2 repositories on the same port number.

Thanks

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you all for the suggestions. Actually the No RF message was no error message, I thought that it is since I was expecting message "RC.RC_OK" on success but I did not see that message. But when I tried to print the resultset it just worked like charm, 6357 records in seconds....

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use CatalogData.GetSoftwareVersion method to get the version.

To solve your problem

1) Check version of API and MDM server

2) Check if the Repository is mounted & running

3) Check the port for repository

4) Connect to repository from MDM client & see if that is working