Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization maintenance - Create Collective Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Two questions:

1- I would like to know if it's possible to create a collective role based on four other normal roles. Then create a normal role using the option copy role through transaction PFCG, based on the collective role?

2- Is the creation of the collective role trustworthy and a recommended procedure by SAP when the four normal roles are considered complex (having many objects and transactions)?

When creating the collective role will there be object or transaction loss?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

Here are the answers:

1- I would like to know if it's possible to create a collective role based on four other normal roles. Then create a normal role using the option copy role through transaction PFCG, based on the collective role?

Yes it is possible to create collective role based on four other normal roles. However you can not create a normal role as a copy of collective role. A collective role can be copied into a collective role. However if I understand correctly then what want is that the authorizations present in 4 normal roles should get merged into one single role. If that is case then do the following.

Create a normal role, Go to change mode and then to menu. If you want to copy role menus of 4 normal roles then please use the option copy role menu from other roles. Even if you don't copy role menu the next step remains the same. Go to authorizations tab. Here goto menu bar: EditInsert AuthorizationsFrom profile. Now supply the profiles of the 4 normal roles one by one. You might find a lot of entires in red since organization level has to be maintained. You need to do that manually. Once done generate the role.

2 Is the creation of the collective role trustworthy and a recommended procedure by SAP when the four normal roles are considered complex (having many objects and transactions)?

When creating the collective role will there be object or transaction loss?

Yes it is trustworthy. No data loss occurs.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the option you described and it work's.

You were indeed of a great help. Thank's Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I am not sure whether you can create collective roles or not but you can collectively generate profiles for the roles using 'SUPC'

That is mass generation of profiles.

Reward point if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.