cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

we have a requirement where in the delivery is split as does not accomodate the complete delivery. Could you please tell me how the system responds in this case...

In the current scenario first half is sent away to the customer, the next half will only be sent when there is enough load to accomodate the truck. The goods are lying at the factory till the time.. it could be the same day or after a week.

When you do the PGI its for the completet delivery..... How do u track this load????

Plzzz help me....

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I have a small idea on this ,

Any i hope you are using Shipment , to that shipment type u need to maintain delivery split profile if it is individual or collective shippment at the time of configuration..

Normal Process

Order ---> Delivery -

> Shipment Creation ( VT01N ) in this lication if you want to split go to VT02N press Overview icon before delivery button then Deliveries screen will come in this select the respected delivery for which you want to do thedelivery split and press the Delivery split button one more screen will open from there devide the quntity and execute.

Automaticall one more delivery will crete with dummy number stars with $, select the new delivery and create new shipment for that and sane the document..

This is the procedure to split the delivery in your case depends upon the truck..

Rewards, If it is useful..

regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery split happen when the requested quantity by cusomter is not full met, then the system proposes different delivery dates or scheduline dates based on material availability.

Example : A sales order is confirmed with 2 schedulines i.e on 14 feb 2008 and 25 feb 2008

If the frist delivery (14 feb 2008) is created and PGI is done this means on this delivery date customer has received the goods.

For the second delivery date ( 25 feb 2008), here you can create delivery only on 25 feb not before this due date, this means on this date goods will reach customer after completting the transportation planning, picking, loading, packing and transit, then in system on 25 Feb we create delivery document with PGI.

Partial Delivery option will be set in customer master record sales area -

> shipping-->partial deliveries.

Kindly Reward points if usefull.

Regards

vK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the first half would go out straight and you can do the pgi also. for the second half you will have a next schedule line date for which the stock is expected to be available. so even if the truck is available before stock is there, no use. So after the stock is available, whenever the truck is ready you do the pgi for the remaining and you can also mention the Actual PGI date in the goods movement data tab for reference purpose.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you have a load constraint do a partial delivery. Ensure that partial delivery is allowed in the Shipping tab. Please check. Please uncheck the Complete delivery if it is ticked. Then do a manual delivery for half the qty. Do the PZGI for the same. Then when the next half becomes available do the Delivery and PGI for that consignment.

DO not worry about how to track it, the delivery numbers will be linked to you reference sales document. In case of a problem do revert. This is a pretty straight and simple scenario.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

As I understood, you want me to create two deliveries in this scenario??????? one delivery is for the quantity sent in truck and the other one is for remaining quantity.... Am I right ????

The problem here is :

QUality inspector releases the complete stock at the same time. All the components are sent to the shipping area. At the shipping area it is decided to split the delivery based on the truck size.......

As the complete delivery cannot be accomodated in a single Truck, partial quantity is sent in the truck. the remaining quantity will be sent in a different truck along with some other deliveries.

How can it be done in this case???

Regards,

Pavan P.