cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to project versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to provide authorization to some users to already created versions in cProjects. I am able to create a new version using the class 'CL_DPR_APPL_OBJECT_MANAGER' and the method 'CREATE_PRJ_SNAP_WITH_PROJECT'. But I need to provide authorization to the existing project versions. I searched many classes and methods to achieve this, but not able to get a solution.

Request your comments on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vidhya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidhya,

I regret that I am unable to answer your specific question. My team also has this question.

I did want to share this thought with you in the hopes that it would be useful for the future. In testing I had realized that any users we added in the future would not have access to old project versions. We informed our user of this and asked him to use user groups with authorizations so that if a new person joins the team that person is assigned to the user group. Because the user group had access to the old project versions, this new person should be able to also get to this data.

I hope that someone will be able to help answer your question though as we did not implement the use of user groups in time. We have some projects with this same issue.

Best wishes,

Wendy