Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change unit of measure from catalogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0, backend R/3 4.6C.

I need to be able to control the units that are sent back from the external catalogue and change them to a unit of my choise. For example we do not use the ISO code SET in our SAP, so I need to be able to make a de-coding of the SET unit to whichever we have here. The BAdI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER sounds very logical, although I found out using debugging that this BAdI is called too late to change this.

In the include LBBP_WS_APIF26 there is a standard conversion/check of unit where SRM checks the table T006 to see if the ISO code being received from the OCI is correct - if this check fails, there is no possibility of changing this in the BAdI afterwards.

Therefore I see no other choice as to change standard SAP SRM behaviour in module LBBP_WS_APIF26 and enhance this with a case like

CASE cs_sc_item_data-unit.

WHEN 'SET'.

cs_sc_item_data-unit = 'EA'.

ENDCASE.

Any comments? Has anybody had any success using the BAdI to change unit? I do realize that it is no problem changing the existing unit with the BAdI, but when the ISO code does not exist in T006 (and we do not wish to update this table) the BAdI cannot be used - therefore I figure I need to change standard SRM.

Any comments would be great.

BR

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any business issue if you define the ISO code ? I had requirement to handle custom UOM "XYZ" from supplier. We just maintained it in ISO UOM table. This was a different requirement with yours.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

No business issue as such, no. We get our UOM in SRM from R/3, and our R/3 gets it from another system in which we maintain our materials and therefore our UOM. Therefore it would make sense to make the coding in SRM in the BAdI, but this is too late meaning that I have to change standard SRM code instead.