Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ABAP Report in SAP R/3 with data from xMII

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do we update some PP reports in SAP R/3 from xMII .

We have sucessfully got all the data from the historians in the plant and also established connection between SAP R/3 and xMII.

1. We also need to store the data passed in SAP R/3 in a Z-table and fetch data from there.

2. How the BLS in xMII can be called from SAP R/3 to update the table.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

[Vivek K|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=2097685]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am not very sure if i understood your requirement. Anyways, If you want to send data(which you collected from historians) from xMII to SAP, you can use JCO call in BLS transaction of xMII. Here, you can't call a report directly. You can only call remote enable function modules.

For this, you write a wrapper function module over the report you want to execute and enable it remotely.So, you can call this function module from xMII and pass data to SAP.

Mike.

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are able to see the data from SAP in xMII with a BLS transaction thru a xAcute query.

But how to pass the data from xMII to SAP ? How can we debug this while happening ?

We have decided to update certain data in ztables and use them in reports.

How this can be done using a BLS ?

Data from xMII for example, Tag name and value to be inserted in SAP ABAP z-table.

Is this possible through an RFC FM ?

Regards,

Vivek K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

You can very well do this using a remote enabled function module. For this,

1) Write a function module which takes input (tag name & value) and inserts in z table.

2) Set it remote enabled.

3) Define your SAP server under data services - > SAP Server Configurations.

3) Write a BLS transaction which calls this RFC using SAP JCO action. Here you can use the configuration that you defined in earlier step. Set the input parameters.

4) Execute the transaction and you can put an external breakpoint in your RFC for debugging.

I think when you said you are getting data xacute query, even that will execute such kind of BLS transaction.

Mike.

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for your inputs. It worked

Now we are trying to enhance the scenario by having the BLS to be triggerred from SAP itself . Any idea on that..

Regards,

Vivek K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have created a BAPI which will take input from xMII and updates a z-table in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

BLS transaction is automatically exposed as a web service. You can call this in ABAP by generating proxies.

You can go through this link for more information

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1245135,00.html

Mike.

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We dont have an netweaver system to configure a Web Proxy.

Is it possible for us have one in SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 ..

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vivek K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am not very sure if i understood your requirement. Anyways, If you want to send data(which you collected from historians) from xMII to SAP, you can use JCO call in BLS transaction of xMII. Here, you can't call a report directly. You can only call remote enable function modules.

For this, you write a wrapper function module over the report you want to execute and enable it remotely.So, you can call this function module from xMII and pass data to SAP.

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Mike.