cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search original files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Do you know if there is a way to search documents using the original file names?

Thank you.

Regards,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

indexing and searching based on the attributes of the file/original that is store in the content repository is not possible. from cv04n one can look for the contents within a original

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

There would be no standard option, and there are some good ideas given. To recap your options, and give you some new options, here are my five pennies worth.

• File names are stored in the table mentioned earlier.

• You can have use the badi DOCUMENT_MAIN01, method before_save to add some more classification.

• Multi value classification can at least hold four values, (might have been increased), so could hold four file names

• Classification data is restricted to 30 chars, so this might limit your options.

• You could add the file names to the long text, and then use the long text search.

• you could break cv04n, and add in a search field for file names. The search funtionality is well coded, so if you do this, make sure you dont break the performance of it.

• Last option - what do you need it for? Cant you represent the information in another manner?

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Espen:

Could you please explain how to use the badi DOCUMENT_MAIN01, method before_save to add some more classification?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

María Luisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAdI DOCUMENT_MAIN01. This BAdI

is the main BAdI for document exits.

Within the method BEFORE_SAVE you have the possibility to change or set

document data (DRAW), document description (DRAT), object link (DRAD)

additional data (DRAZ), status log (DRAP) and originals (DOCFILES).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi maria,

Goto trasaction CV04n

at the bottom there is a tab called text search within original.

I think that will help you otherwise you have to installed trex search.

rewards point if useful.

Regards,

nitin

Edited by: nitin bhagat on Feb 15, 2008 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin:

Do you mean activating "text search"? Can I do this without having TREX?

Thank you,

Regards,

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

U can get the file name from the table "DMS_DOC_FILES" and link this value as a characteristic of DIR. Then u can search it thru the Classification tab in CV04N. I think this solution may help you.

Regards

S.Sivakumar

(Rewards points if useful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar:

You say that I can "get the file name from the table "DMS_DOC_FILES" and link this value as a characteristic of DIR"... but I have no idea of how can I do that....

Could this be useful for documents with more than one original file, too?

Thank you.

Regards,

Maria Luisa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivkumar,

Can you explain in detail, how to bring DMS_DOC_FILES table values in to characterstics?

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar:

I´ve finally created a characteristic to try to get file names: it has FILENAME field from DMS_DOC_FILES as "Reference to table field". But I expected it would show the values from the table in the document characteristic, and it doesn't do that...

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Maria Luisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah you could provided,

1. You have passed the original file name (with out extension) as the description to the DIR Basic data or

2. You have TREX search installed.

I think first solution is a good approach.

Award points if useful

Good luck