cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implication of change in Org. structure on Master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

What is the implication of Change in Organization structure on Master data? To be more specific I am facing a problem where there is one reference division of 50 division which has to be removed and the relation has to be maintained as 1:1.There are in all 37 reference division.

Apart from maintaining master data for individual sales area, what others pain areas are associated with it. Also whether it will affect the data created in past.

Answers will be surely Rewarded!

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are removing a reference sales area frm where all data flows to the other sales areas right? Well you are removing the very foundation of all sales and distribution information. So what else is left. You will have terrific impact. Practically everything from your pricing to your revenues.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could Understand Master Data Maintance , Open Documents and Pricing if the poricing is division specific. Can you please explain how revenues will be affected?

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

If you are deleting a common distribution channel, and the customers are created without using this channel, less implications are expected. However if the customer/s were created using that specific distribution channel and youwand to delte it you will have to maintain all the master data for those customers. Pricing dependent on distribution channel will be effected. There won't be any effect on old documents as far as they are closed, how ever you will have to take care of the open documents.

If anything else comes to my mind i'll let you know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Sales Area is the heart of any SD Process and Division is a part of it. Therefore it is very much evident that any change in the existing Organisation strucuture will affect all existing processes such as sales orders already created (open documents), existing master data etc.

Customer master data will also be affected, as the customers are created as per sales area only.

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regards

Sai