cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite (Using Button Upload) does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when trying to overwrite a document by Using Button "Upload", no Document is uploaded. The latest version does not change. This only happens when using Sun Java, but not Microsoft Java. What is the Problem?

Thanks

regards, B.L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B.L.

the reason for this behaviour is an inherent incompatibility between the VMs of MS and Sun. The applet was developed using the Sun SDK. So, in order to get it running you'll have to exchange the VM.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for your Answer. The only strange thin is, that we don't have MS VM on one of the Computer... . What happens?

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B.L.

please excuse me, I've misinterpreted what you wrote initially with the different VMs.

I'll dig a bit into this... My suspicion is that your question is related to the versioning of the various documents and the check-in/check-out mechanism empoyed in cProjects.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem!

i have had some problems in using ecl-viewer for Redlining on an other machine. I solved this porblem by loading the newest applet package in SapNote:103407

maybe this solves this problem too. I will try that soon!

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B.L.

I checked this on our system and here the documents that were checked-out, prior to editing and checking-in, did overwrite the current version in cProjects. However, pre-requisite is that the radio-button on the detail screen is set to 'Overwrite Current Version'.

Using the latest version of the applet is always a good idea. In your post you seemed to have forgotten a figure - just for competeness - the note is 1034072

Best regards,

Thomas