Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Points if helpfull

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are people So

Reward points if helpful all the time.

Well people do reward from time to time but putting this everywhere... I think it looks a little too much.

Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjeet,

If an average is measured only around 15 - 20% of responses will be rewarded, which may be due to several factors, such as:

1. Once solution is received, it may be a word of thanks or most of the time it is not even that.

2. Blog is created by say Mr X, but then it may be possible that that Mr X does not even checks back the blog & it's responses.

3. Most of the question in forum are either resolved through solution recommended or by themselves, these blogs remain open even after months & return back in cycle after some time. It is recommended to close the blog when resolved.

By awarding the points for suitable recommendation's, it is a charity being done to mankind, as SDN Provides food to needy for points rewarded.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I completely agree with Jude.

There are people whoknow about the process, but just say Thanks and dont award points to anybody.

There are also SDNners who are not aware of how to award points/concept of points itself.

A message like this will help in these cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is most people just say thanks so its perhaps suited to them I guess.

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do appreciate your view, however is it good to brag for it...

People will, and even if someone doesn't, doesn't matter, even after writing this line somebody just might not.

It's all about keeping one's self esteem whilst helping other, not looking for returns, what's a help otherwise.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjeet

While I fully agree with you and other friends' comments, just imagine; you keep on replying to so many queries (say atleast for one month) and nobody has rewarded your efforts, the human tendency is that after sometime, you wont concentrate much on this forum.

The success what this forum has achieved is tremendous and if the point system is not there, I feel definitely the responses would not have been as it is. I always believe that unless proper recognition is not there for every efforts, there wont be much success.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxmiji I totally agree with you, and i myself might be checking my points thousand times a day. I just find it aukward by tendency of asking for it. People around are so talented, then why ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends. did i miss the party?

hello, Ranjeet. very interesting thread, this one you have. very wise observation. very relevant also.

i have to admit that when i started, i was very point conscious. but who wouldn't be? recognition is the spice of life. it encourages and inspires. and you do get to receive something nice every now and then (i was hoping for a t-shirt, but then again charity is better). but, as you observed, it can sometimes be awkward.

all of this is for a good cause after all, as somebody else pointed out. if points are for charity, by all means let's be generous and do ask for points!

my suggestion is let's "live and let live". everyone has his valid reasons. we just have to respect each other, i guess, and have a sense of humor (because SAP can be very cold and very inhuman, especially since we would be staring at the computer screen interacting with a non-human entity as much as 14 hours a day).

my best wishes and respects to all of you.

and if you find this helpful, please reward points (just kidding!!!).

p.s.

is there a blog where contributors can exchange social and other commentaries? i do wish to get more acquainted with different cultures.

many thanks!

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup, i guess this threads needs to rest in peace now

☺ ۞

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

☺☺ ps forgot to close