cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVS Drop-Down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have built an EVS based on DropDownByKey UI element. Everything works fine, when user clicks dropdown the EVS opens and all the KEY, VALUES are displayed in EVS. But when a user selects a KEY/ROW in EVS the VALUE is displayed in DropDown box. I would like to display the KEY in the dropdown box instead of VALUE.

Can anyone suggest me how to get that KEY in dropdown box.

Hope its clear to the readers.

Thanks,

Pasha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link and quick response.

I couldn't locate a help where it gives me a KEY/CODE for a DropDown and not on InputField.

The input fields doesn't give me a ACTION like on onSelect which is available on DropDown and gets triggered when user changes anything.

I have implemented EVS+ with InputField as UI element , but i have a requirement where i need to load 3 Such lookup in a hierarchy e.g. Country > State > City. And i need to automatically load the other EVS based on the user selection.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pasha,

EVS,EVS,and EVS+ and OVS are for Input field only as for as I know.We say SVS in case of Dropdown. DropDown displays only values but not keys. If you want to display keys only not values, you have to populate the attribute with {value,key} pairs(i.e. reverse order).

regards,

Siva