cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales org/Dis Channel/Division missing in R/2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

We have a project to migrate the data from R/2 to mySAP. In the Customer master migration design, we found the sales org, distribution channel and divivion are missing in R/2. I am thinking during that time, almost about 20 years ago, SAP AG has not designed Customer Master function like mySAP.

Besides these fields, there are still lots of key fields missing.

Did you encounter this problem? How do you solve it?

Expect your experience.

Thanks a lot in advance

Koffer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

wow! i've not even seen an R/2 screen, so i couldn't really claim knowledge in that area.

however, we've migrated data from similarly older legacy systems. how you would do it would depend on how many customer records you will be dealing with.

in our case, we had to deal with about 7000 customers - out of which only about half are still active and the rest the client needed to maintain for accounts receivables.

the first step was to extract data onto an excel file, which we will later use as an upload template. we would add columns for data fields required in SAP. of course, the clients had to get their people to visit their customers and update required information, which took quite a while.

after the data was completed, we uploaded the file in a separate session using SAP tools.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, jonathan yap

Thanks a lot for your response.

SAP R/2 is basically deployed on mainframe, and R/2 is a character screen, like DOS.

I understand the overall process of migration you mentioned. In my case, it seems we have to sit down with the end user and define the salse area. After identifying the sales area, we can modify the data per design. This can be done during the transformation phase, assuming we have Extraction, Transformation, and Load phase.

There are several other mandatory fields in the screen, how do you handle them? Confirm this one by one with end user?

This may take longer time, so I am thinking to assign a initial value, and let the end user change it.

Thanks