cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paragraph format in scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

in scripts, in paragraph formats we have a tan called "outline".

can any one help me to know abt that. plz give me what is the purpose of it, n how to implement that one. i mean how to use it.

thanks in advance for ur responce.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u very much for ur answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

The paragraph numbering and marking attributes are used to structure texts into chapters, subchapters, and sections. Numbering is carried out automatically by SAPscript.

You can create an outline with the entry options available:

Outline

Enter the name of the highest-level paragraph in an outline hierarchy here. The outline hierarchy is created by assigning this paragraph to all outline paragraphs.

Outline level

Enter the level in the outline hierarchy. The outline levels of the paragraphs are numbered upwards from 1; the highest outline level therefore has the outline number 1.

Number margin

Specify the space between numbering and window border. Note that your numbering may extend into the text area of the paragraph if the difference between the left margin and the number margin is not great enough to hold the numbering characters.

Left/right delimiter

Specify the character that precedes or follows the numbering.

Number chaining

Specify whether you want the paragraph numbering of the paragraph to be preceded by the numbering of all higher paragraphs in the hierarchy.

Example for number chaining

with without

3. 3.

3.1 1.

3.2 2.

3.2.1 1.

Character string

Specify the numbering format. The numbering can be assigned a different font or character format to the rest of the paragraph.

Numbering type

ARABIC

Arabic numerals: 1, 2, 3.

CHAR Fixed character: letter or numeral, entered in the field

LETTER Letters: A-Z

ROMAN Roman numerals: I, II, III, IV

Depending upon the numbering type that you select, the following attributes may also apply:

Fixed character

Define the fixed character to be used for numbering. You should only make an entry in the field Fixed character if you have specified CHAR as the numbering type. Fixed characters include + - and o .

Output length

Enter the number of characters for Arabic numerals.

Upper case

Specify for letters or Roman numerals.

check this link hope this will help you to solve your problem.

http://abapprogramming.blogspot.com/2007/11/sap-script-controls-2.html

thanks

mrutyun^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ti display fields in hanging format i.e

aaaa

[blank] bbbbbbb

[blank] ccccccc

[blank] ddddddddddd

Reward if useful

Edited by: Narendra Maddipati on Feb 14, 2008 9:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sravan Prakash,

thanks for ur answer.

but im not getting the content. can u plz explain it more clear.

thanks in advance for ur responce.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tabs you define in you SAPscript have the same function as they would in a Word document, and in SAPscript are the only way of aligning columns.

In your SAPscript text element you need to seperate fields with ,, to push the next field out to the next tab position, e.g. &FIELD1&,,&FIELD2&,,&FIELD3&

In defining the tabs SIGN is used to line up decimal values, so for example 101.34, 34.00 and 1256.56 all have different lengths and you wouldn't want them aligned by the first digit so SIGN in the tab definition aligns by the sign of the number (i.e. at the left).

Regards.