Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is deferred. OOPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have seen may times the key word deferred in standatd programs . What is the meaning of deferred in OOPs. Can anybody pelase say it with example.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi guys --you really should press F1 before posting these types of questions --however I'm feeling kind today as Everton football club won their UEFA cup match last night.

Definition deferred means that you can refer to objects in your program which haven't yet been defined but will be later on in your code.

You could have two classes in an abap say and data elements / types in the first class refer to the 2nd class such as obj1 type ref to zclass2 definition deferred.

The zclass2 definition will appear later in your abap.

If you don't put definition deferred then when you check the program it will give a syntax error of zclass2 not found.

Cheers

jimbo

1 REPLY 1

Former Member

Hi guys --you really should press F1 before posting these types of questions --however I'm feeling kind today as Everton football club won their UEFA cup match last night.

Definition deferred means that you can refer to objects in your program which haven't yet been defined but will be later on in your code.

You could have two classes in an abap say and data elements / types in the first class refer to the 2nd class such as obj1 type ref to zclass2 definition deferred.

The zclass2 definition will appear later in your abap.

If you don't put definition deferred then when you check the program it will give a syntax error of zclass2 not found.

Cheers

jimbo