cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR-SLD linkage configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We executed the ESR configuration by selecting the ESR configuration profile in ConfigTool. But due to some error the configuration task failed and as a result the ESR-SLD linkage was not configured properly. Now we have the local SLD of NW CE SP03 up and running. How can we configure that for the ESR so that ESR can access the local SLD for importing the SWCV?

In the Configuration Wizard in NWA we see the the configuration task "Configuration of ESR in CE" is showing the status Incompletely Executed. But the Start, Resume and Re-execute buttons are all disabled. So how can we correct the SLD configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bv_pillai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

When you select the configuration template 'CE_Enterprise_Services_Repository_developement_full' from Config Tool as per the SAP help documentation, your usage type of CE will be set only with CE (ESR). In order to make use of the whole CE stack usage type (Portal, VC, and Composites). You may need to select the configuration template 'CE_Complete_Stack_developement_full' in Config Tool and restart your J2EE server.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Velu

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

Thanks for the helpful answer!

You are correct - if we select the 'CE_Complete_Stack_developement_full' the portal becomes up, but the SLD link in ESR home page goes off. Do you have any suggestions?

Also we have another strange problem - whenever we are trying to import SWCV from SLD from ESR the server is getting restarted. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dipankar

bv_pillai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

For me, the SLD link in the ESR home page works fine with the selected template ''CE_Complete_Stack_developement_full' and no problem ( j2ee server restarts) during the SWCV import from the SLD. Since you have the broken SLD configuration during initial setup, I recommend you to re-install the CE (since the installation does not take much time ) and setup the initial SLD configuration properly. As Rathish mentioned, it is a known bug (resume of the canceled configurations). Thanks.

Regards,

Velu

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Did you resolve this issue with out re-installing the CE?

I have a similar problem, during the step "Configuration of ESR in CE" I had the similar problem with local SLD. then I canceled the step but this entry moved to "History of Executed Config Tasks" where there is no button to restart or anything. And entry Initial Config of Newaver also missing from "Initial Configuration" group.

How do I restart/resume this step?

Appreciate your help.

thanks,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipankar

I have already talked to the development about the problem with CTC templates. Please find the list of post configuration steps for ESR to connect to SLD here

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/46/b3a7d01b475a62e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/46/b3a7d01b475a62e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I founnd the SAP Help link for SLD configuration after posting this and now the SLD link in ESR homepage is configured properly. But now when I login to ESR and trying to import SWCV from SLD the server is getting restarted automatically. Also after doing the ESR configuration (by selecting the Configtool profile) the portal is also not running.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Dipankar