cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started on SAP and RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am an ABAP consultant who is interested on how to connect SAP and RFID devices.

After reading some materials, I am noticing that the way to go is by using SAP-Auto ID (SAP-All). Is there no way to connect the devices with SAP without the SAP-All?

Does anyone have a simple step-by-step documentation on how to get started on SAP and RFID? If you have one, kindly send them to fandi.kusmawardi@gmail.com. Any documentations are welcomed.

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Regards,

Fandi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fandi,

You can use SAP Console for simple integrations; if you need more information, please contact me at:

www.linkedin.com/in/galvez

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a quick question for you. I am using SAPGUI Logon to open an SAP session on a server with AII. I want to now integrate an RFID scanner to the SAP session. For this, I have created a profile for the handheld in WebSAPConsole and configured the host to the server with AII. Do I also need to install the SAP J2EE engine on my machine? Or does the SAP J2EE web server need to be configured on the server with AII? I am a little bit confused about how these two components are supposed to interact.

Any info you can share would be helpful. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know more about the difference between Sap Console and Auto id infrastructure.

Any info you could provide would be very helpful. Thanks!

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>After reading some materials, I am noticing that the way to go is by using SAP-Auto ID (SAP-All). Is there no way to connect the devices with SAP without the SAP-All?

Using SAP AII only you can integrate RFID technology and SAP