cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo Request already exists for item & 1 , & 2, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD guru's,

I am trying to create a credit memo request in reference to my sales order invoice and i am getiing this warning message "Credit Memo Request already exists for item ".

How is this possible,when i am creating the credit memo request only for the 1st time. Message number displayed is V1498, can you please help me solve this issue.

Also when i manage to enter into the credit memo request document by pressing enter to all those warning's, i am asked to enter the target quantity. How do i handle this? since i have maintained order quantity in my sales order and my sales invoice.

Message number displayed is V1498, can you please help me solve this issue.

Waiting for your kind help.

Regards

Ravi.D.Mansharamani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message V1498 that you are receiving in error is due to the

setting for "schedule lines allowed" in the item category.Item categories which have been set to allow schedule lines when the standard is for them to not have schedule lines allowed. Credit memo request item categories should not have schedule lines allowed.This is message only appears as a result of incorrect customising.

To avoid this message please turn off the flag 'schedule lines allowed' in VOV7 for the item category generated for your credit memo request.

One other thing you can try: if you are not using the standard

copy routine, try replacing your routine with the standard

to see if there is a problem in your copy routine.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate your reply.

But i have permitted "schedule lines allowed" in my item category.

If i dont do that i am asked to maintain target quantity when i create/copy from my standard sales order into my sales invoice.

I dont want to change that customization.

Is there any other way in which i can create credit memo request in reference to my sales invoice by allowing schedule lines and not having to encounter that message "credit memo request already exists for the item"

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have unchecked the shedule line allowed from item catagory but i got a new problem system is copying the quantity to target quantity instead for order quantity.

sytem should copy quantity to order quantity.

can any one help.

thanks

Syed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Document Flow for Sales Order or Billing number, for which you want to create Credit Memo request. Also check Copy Control setting from Billing to Sales Order (VTAF).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please advise me the standard copy control settings from sales invoice to credit memo request.

If you have any screen shots or can list steps or entries that i would need to maintain, please email me at ravi.d.mansharamani@gmail.com

Shall appreciate your help.

Regards

Ravi