cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finish Goods Thru PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can we use PS for Production of Finish Goods.if yes then plz tell me the path & IMG setting for this.if not then plz tell me the PP setting for it.

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finished goods scenario is very much supported in PS. Infact, customer projects are all about that.

You have two options:

1. Assembly order - Sales order line item triggers a network order. Standard networks and WBS elements are used in this scenario. Requirement class 212 and order type PS04, or customized versions of above are used in this scenario.

2. PP order - This is the more usual scenario. FERT material is called in the activity acount assigned netwok activity. This creates a reservation for WBS element. When MRP runs this leads to "Planned Order". The planned order is later converted into production order which is account assigned to the WBS (incase of valuated stock which is the recommnended thing). When the production order gets delivered, WBSE stock goes up. Subsequent project delivery using CNS0 issues the material to the newtwork with 281 movement.

A lot of attention is required while creating the material master. You have to enter appropriate values in the MRP views of the material (MRP tupe, MRP group - MRP1 & Strategy - MRP3) so that correct requirement type & class are determined.

Hope this posting throws some light on the issue.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I only can think of a process where you require finish goods materials in a network activity or WBS element. Due to the MRP settings an PP-order can be generated to produce the required materials.

Grtz. Paul