cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Prof,

1. WHat is shipment doc , shipment cost doc, and how is related.

2.what is shipment costing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, The shipment is defined as the group of deliveries. Or u can say the multiple deliveries combined together to form a shipment.

The shipment cost document contains details regarding the amount like frieght and other charges to process a particular shipment.

The shipment cost information contains proposal values for the shipment cost information in the sales order, such as the transportation planning point, the shipment type and the shipment cost pricing procedure.

For this u need to assign a shipment cost information profile in the VOV8 screen.

HOpe it is useful..

reward points if useful..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thnx for ur suggestions. How shipment doc is related to shipment cost doc. is it 1 to 1 or 1 to many.

plz do explain with example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it can be one to one or many to one. shipment doc to shipment cost doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto t.code of T_57 . that will answer ur query.

As far as i know, one shipment cost doc. can be assigned to multiple shipment document types.

Hope it is useful.

Reward if useful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The shipping document is the central element of transportation planning and shipment completion. It contains all the information necessary for carrying out transportation.

Use

You create shipment documents using a worklist. Different types of shipment documents have been defined to enable you to reflect in the system the various forms of transportation used in your organization.

An object in which the shipment cost-related data are combined. The shipment cost document allows you to refer to parts of the shipment document for which shipment costing must be carried out separately.

This process describes how the R/3 System calculates shipment costs for shipment documents or stages. The system does this using the R/3 condition technique in pricing.

Prerequisites

To carry out shipment costing for a shipment document, the following requirements must be met:

The shipment must be marked as relevant for shipment costing.

The shipment must have the required total status as set in the definition of the shipment cost type.

The shipment must have a transportation status of at least planned.

The shipment must have a service agent.

Customizing for shipment cost pricing must be set.

To make this setting, go to the IMG and select Logistics Execution ® Transportation ® Shipment costs ® Pricing ® Pricing Control.

Condition records must be maintained.

regards

sadhu kishore

0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu

If I wanted to charge the customer freight at the shipment level, (this would include many deliveries).

Could I set up a shipment conditions for the shipment document or would I need to set up shipment cost docuement?

What is you recommendation?

Thank you very much

Belle