Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the requirements for Upgradtaion of NWDI

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Our client wants to upgrade the NWDI ffrom NW04 to NW04s.Client need some calrification.Following are the List :-

Queries in area of Risk/ Limitations

1. Migration of the existing code might be difficult, SAP’s support needed?

2. Development during the migration? Is it possible?

3. Version difference of the NWDI. Old NW04 based NWDI is switched to NW04s based NWDI Developer studio generally needs to be on the same patch level than the runtime systems - tb checked if developer studio also needs to be on the same patch level as the NWDI.

4 Memory upgrade required for the existing servers – cost?

5. Should SAP evaluate the plan before the migration is started?

Can any body help answering of above queations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm not sure I know the answer to all your question. Check the Product Availability Matrix (http://service.sap.com/pam) for details about minimum requirements on NWDI and other components.

1. I would probably create the tracks needed in the upgraded NWDI. Then export a SCA from the old track and import that SCA in the new track. I havn't been successful creating connections between two NWDIs before. Only on DTR level.

(All development history would be gone, if that's important to keep)

2. I assume you install NWDI on a new machine. The old NWDI would be in operation till some date when you descide to do the migration. After youre done with the migration, close all tracks on the old system.

3. Generally NWDI should be on the same patchlevel or above. It's fine to use lower patchlevels on NWDS and the runtime systems. I don't know if there is any difference for 04 and 04s though. Check PAM.

4. Same as for NWDI 04.

Look at this thread:

I would "play safe" and install the new NWDI on a separate machine. This wouldn't interrupt any ongoing projects, and wouldn't risk the old NWDI to crash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can upgrade without migrating.

But, development is not possible when you upgrade.

Better, have SAP help in hand. We ran into many issue while we did this upgrade.

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply.We are upgarding NWDI from NW04 to NW04s.So i ahve some doubts.

1.Do we need to upgrade DTR,SLD,CBS,CMS also?

2.We have server sp15 .So we are using NWDS version 2.0.15.Do we need to reinstall NWDS also while upgrading NWDI ,if Yes the what will be the patch level for NWDS for reinstalling?

3.Do u have any PDF file related to NWDI upgradtion from NW04 to NW04s?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Susmita,

1. DTR, CBS etc are all various components of NWDI. So when u say NWDI upgrade from NW04 to NW7.0 it has to be a complete upgrade.

2. Ideally backward comptability works but its better to have NWDS 7.0.<Same SP version as of J2EE WAS>

3. Check this [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/26b84d6c823f66e10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you could post in this forum

All your queries will be answered, as that is a forum dedicated for this.

Regards

Ayyapparaj