cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need SAP GUI 6.4 for XI 3.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a good reason why I should use SAP GUI 6.4 over 6.2 when I use SAP XI 3.0 (SP13)?

XI 2.0 worked fine with 6.2, but XI 3.0 gives me "funny" results. This might however be caused by the JRE.

What I need is a valid reason to upgrade to 6.4 if this is required.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What ever GUI version you are using your Integrations and business processes should work the same way as they are executed on the application server. Upgrading your GUI only comes into picture if you are facing some problem with certain transactions. I would suggest take a look at SAP recommendations for XI3.0.

You have mentioned XI3.0 give you funny results .. Could you explain what kind of funny results are you seeing? If you try to search in SAP notes with the errors that you are getting may be you will be able to find some recommendations.

Thanks,

Kalyan Musunuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

We first used SAP GUI 6.2 with latest patch and that worked at first sight ...

Later on when we started using BPM then for example the graphical flow display within the monitoring tools did not work with 6.2 ( popup windows with errors, etc ... ) so basically it works but cannot handle all transactions ...

We upgraded to 6.4 and that works fine for us ...

Regards,

Steven

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You definitely need the 6.40 GUI with XI 3.0

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

My question is why do I need 6.4. I need this reason to get it installed on our system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need it because otherwise the GUI does not function correctly and you get incomplete screens.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may even get empty screens when checking the messages in the sxmb_moni

Cheers, Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that if I use the latest patchlevel (12) for SAP GUI 6.20, there should be no problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jan...

i wud like u to confirm this with ur Basis ppl....

cos Xi runs on service pack 14 and although, xi might work on 6.2 but will it be able to establish connections between 6.2 and xi...

regards.

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

The GUI version depends on the Kernel version, and it is downward compatible. Since Netweaver components are on 6.40 kernel version, you need to have the 6.40 GUI (you can run it through 6.20 + patch but not advisable).

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jan...

all i cud say is that, we had faced similar situations and the we were to the conlusion of certain compatible issues between xi3.0 and sap gui 6.4....which was not supported by sap gui 6.2...

as u keep makin scenarios like the proxies, u need to have compatibility between the gui and xi else the connection doesnt take place...