cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of CCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a doubt while doing my Integration scenario. Is the Communnication Channel templates are used only in Integration scenario. Hope this is optional. Anyway, i am selecting my CC when i configure my scenario.

What is the advantage of using it.

Is CCT will check that my coomunication channel followed the tempate or not.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Communication channel template is basically used to preconfigure a communication channel. You can use the communication channel template as a template to define a communication channel at configuration time. Yes, its optional to use.

If you want to create multiple communication channels with some identical configuration data, you should use a communication channel template.

Using the wizard, you select a communication channel from the Integration Repository and then create a communication channel based on it.

If the connection has already been assigned a communication channel template, it is the default communication channel template.

Using a communication channel template from the Integration Repository

To transfer a communication channel template from the Integration Repository, in the object menu of the communication channel, choose Communication Channel ® Transfer Template. In the input help, you can select communication channel templates from all software component versions.

Even for module configuration it will be used.

All modules specified in a communication channel template are treated as a single parameter. This means that if you specify modules in the communication channel template and then use this communication channel template in a channel for which modules are already defined, all modules defined for the channel are overwritten.

Please refer below link for indepth info of above.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/6af766076e384ebdce621d25161184/frameset.htm

thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 14, 2008 5:57 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys..

Now I understand this CCT.

-Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

yes u r right.CCT is optional. CCT is used when u want to create the ID objects using wizard.

The advantage of using CCT is ...u need not take the overhead of creating ID objects manually, using the wizard u can do it....

see here how CCT is used

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

Also check below for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/6af766076e384ebdce621d25161184/frameset.htm

Thanqx

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways in which we can configure the scenarios in ID.

1) Follow he step by step process in ID

2) Create an Integration scenario in IR and then import it.

Now most of the company prefer to create the IS and import it in ID,this is benifited as per the SAP audit point of view.

it is recommended that create IS and then import it in ID.

While Creating IS we need to give all the information like Comm channel etc so thats why we are creating comm channel template which will be used while creating IS.

Thnx

Chirag.