cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery and pgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus,

2 line items in a sale order with schedule line 14/2/2008 and 15/2/2008.

i have saved the sale order.

when i try to do delivery only the line item which has schedule line on 14/2/2008 is copied in vlo1n screen.

i manually entered the other line item with schedule line 15/2/2008.

i had done picking,pgi and billing for both the line item.

in vl01n screen the line item with schedule line 14/2/2008 indicates item category tan,

the other line item with schedule line 15/2/2008 indicates item category dln.

please suggest me how the system is allowing manually to enter the line item in delivery for the future dates.

reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Okay for the line item with schedule line 15/2 it is still open in sale order.

but for line item with schedule line 14/2/ is completed.

but in delivery,pgi, and billing both the line item displays that it is completed.

so what is the use for the line item on 15/2 which is open in the sale order?

please explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

the 15/02 line item remains open because it was not copied into your delivery document. what you entered in the delivery, the system interpreted as a manual entry and not as an item from your order.

despite the order giving a schedule line of 15/02, you were still able to enter the same material in your delivery manually. this could be because of the availability of stocks which have not been reserved for other orders. if there are enough stocks, you will be able to post goods issue (you can even specify goods issue date, within the opened posting period). the 'complete' status of picking and goods issue refer only to the delivery document and not of the items in the order.

the system also treats your manual entry as a sort of 'overdelivery', meaning this is in addition to your order quantities. despite your manual entry, the system will still bill your customer based on actual deliveries. overdelivery is allowed unless you prohibit this in configuration and perhaps copy control.

for you to complete the status of the sales order, you need to either reject the 15/02 item, or to create another delivery with reference to the order but this time specifying 15/02 as delivery date.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Feb 14, 2008 11:45 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your valuable reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your line item that was supposed to be delivered on 15/02, you manually entered in the delivery. item category DLN is standard item without order.

i am guessing that if you check the status of your order, the line item with schedule line on 15/02 will still be open. in other words, the item you entered in the delivery was not copied from the sales order.

if so, please post again for further discussion.

regards.