cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SD. I want to know few scenarios where we have to define new shipping points and new pricing procedures. How many pricing procedures can a company have apart from std and intercompany? Points will be awarded for sure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SV

We can have normally two shipping points per plant, one for domestic sales and another one for export sales. Of course, all it depends on the process as to why we need to have a new shipping point. The best judge is you and you only have to decide whether it really required, after going thru the process. This is applicable for pricing procedure also, viz.one each for domestic, depot & exports.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend and welcome to the world of SAP SD.

we will try to limit the scope of the discussions so that you will not be overwhelmed, and that i will not also be exposed as a fraud (hahahaha).

seriously now....

anytime you need to process deliveries (as in physical delivery of materials from your plants to your customers), you need shipping points. you define shipping points in IMG > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Logistics Execution. you then assign the shipping point to the plant via IMG > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Logistics Execution.

if automatic shipping point determination in the sales order is a must, then you do the assignments using

IMG > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Basic Shipping Functions > Shipping Point and Receiving Point Determination. the variables you must set are: shipping conditions (in customer master) + loading group (in material master) + plant = shipping point.

as to pricing procedures, you can have as many as you want. but you must make assignments as follow:

sales organization + distribution channel + division + customer pricing procedure (in customer master) + document pricing procedure (in sales document type) = pricing procedure.

hope this helped you.

regards.