Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranport Considerations cross different SLDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We came cross following situation:

There are different SLDs in different Landscape:

Saying we have Dev SLD and Test SLD, there is no one is master SLD. They are peer-to-peer right now.

We have development done and now we need to transport our deployment to Test:

But right now, the two SLD contents are messy: In Test SLD, it also have TS and BS created (not imported) that already created in Dev SLD.

What are the best approach to clean up the SLD contents ?

Thanks

Liang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lian,

In this case, I would suggest to use the DEV SLD as the master SLD and create all the TS and BS here. And export them to the other SLDs (not create them again). This way, QA SLD would have QA and PRD TS and BS. Then the Production SLD would need to have pnly the Prodcution TS and BS.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa/soa-management...

This above document would help you in exporting the objects especially working with CMS.

VJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, VJ:

Thanks for your productive comments.

We acturally have similar idea as you do.

I just temporarily leave the thread open to see if there is any other suggestions.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, VJ:

For the transport group and target, I have question where to set this up:

e.g. I want to transport from Dev to QA

My transport group and target definiation should be done in Dev SLD or QA SLD? or both ?

Thanks

Liang

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Liang, shoould have started a new tread .. anyways..

Its goes like this -

For Dev to QA, the target must be mentioned in Dev and the target must be available in QA.From Qa to Prd, the target must be mentioned in QA and the target must be available in PRD.

Typically, DEV wouldhave all the business systems (If we are creating all TS and BS in Dev and exporting them where ever we need)

QA will have all QA and PRD TS and BS

PRD will have all PRD TS and BS only.

This was my strategy that I deviced in my last project..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Are you sure you had deviced the strategy you had mentioned here? If it was the same did it work ?

Cause if i understand you correctly then i dont agree with you.

>Then the Production SLD would need to have pnly the Prodcution TS and BS.

Do you think CMS will work in that case? Shoudnt the production SLD have QA BS.? It should have.

>For Dev to QA, the target must be mentioned in Dev

Why do we need to mention the target in Dev SLD?

For Dev-QA - the source system should be mentioned in the QA SLD. There is no need to mention the target in the Dev SLD. And as you said the target should be available in the QA SLD.

>From Qa to Prd, the target must be mentioned in QA and the target must be available in PRD.

We would need to do the same way as mentioned above.

>QA will have all QA and PRD TS and BS

QA SLD doesnt need to have PRD TS/BS. QA needs to have QA & DEV TS/BS.

>PRD will have all PRD TS and BS only

PRD SLD needs to have PRD TS/BS as well as QA TS/BS.

Regards,

Sumit