cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods by header net value not Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regards

My client wants to make a sales promotions as the free goods SD. The difference is that free goods should not be given by the bought quantity of certain material, they should be given from the header net value of an order.

For example:

If a customer have an order with header net value of 100$ from only materials that has certain material pricin group, it should receive one free good.( All the materials in the order have the same material pricing group)

If a customer have an order with header net value of 200$ from only materials that has certain material pricin group, it should receive two free goods.

If there are ways to make this happen please let me know i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by: Ronald Caroli on Feb 13, 2008 9:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

may be you have to meddle with alt condition base value to do this. Since the original way of calculating 100 % disc is qty but now the base to do it is changing.

pl check with your abaper on implementing this idea if you feel it makes sense.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I dont think so that this would be a standard functionality.

The recommended solution would be to create sales order in the routine manner without any free good determination.

Then to run a z-transaction which would pick up the sales orders and check for the certain material prcing group and the net value of the document and will insert the free good as an additional line item. This line item will have the item category as free of charge.

I am recommending this solution becuase:

1) The document net value is determined when all the sales order has been created.

2) In SAP free good deteremination the cost of the free good is passed on to the main material to which it is attached. In your scenario since there is no material to absorb the cost. Hence the document will have to absorb the cost and can work in standard free of charge material.

3). This would be easy to implement by the way of BDC, without doing any major coding in the user exit or BADIs.

The another option could have been the use of userexit for applying the SAP free good determination. But then you will have to do coding in user exit and the do coding on the lines of alternate condition base value( i dont know its feasible?) in free good determination procedure. This could be tough and might not be possible to do.

I hope this helps.

Abhishek Purwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I am using userexit save_document right now, but it´s getting very dificult to make it work. If you happen to know other user exit that can wotrk please let me know. Another thing, i am considering you solution with the abaper, but what is BDC?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ronald,

The userexit option is very tough to do.

You are using a right userexit, but how are you coding it? Whats your design and flow?

The BDC are programmable recordings of a standard transaction. Hence you will be able to record the way in which you add a line item to sales order. Ths recording is automatically converted into lines of code by SAP. Then you insert your checks and balances between these lines of code to make it behave the way you want the sequence of transactions to work.

My thought was to make a recording of adding a new line item, in change sales order transaction(va02), with item category as Free of Charge(FOC). Then in the code, I wanted to check for material pricing group, if found correct, then would go finding the net value of sales document. If the value is above the limit, calculate the target quantity. Then follow the rest of the recording and add a new line with FOC as item category.

But this was a seperate transaction, which could be applied seperately and not to be done automatically in sales order. This was becuase say if you switch off the promotion tomorrow, then you will not have to worry abt removing the same functionality from sales order, you just need to de-activate the transaction.

Then there would be issues of doing hardcoding the net value limits, free good quantity in the user exit which is not at all recommended.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m using a Z transaction that has a table to fill the requirements like this:

Material Group / Material FOC/ Net Value / Bonus quantity

1 106682 250.000Bs 1

2 106682 500.000Bs

So the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

m using a Z transaction that has a table to fill the requirements like this:

Material Group / Material FOC/ Net Value / Bonus quantity

1 106682 250.000Bs 1

1 106682 500.000Bs 2

The idea is that when a customer buy 250.000 Bs of materials with MATERIAL GROUP 1, we should give 1 piece of material 106682 free of charge. If a customer buys 500.000 Bs we give two free of charge pieces.

Right now, the exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE goes to this table and generate the position correct, but thing is that all the information such as shipping point, delivering plant, scheduled lines categories conditions etc are not determined in the standard way, it is determined throug the user exit going to the standard tables, so it is getting tough. If you happen to know another exit that can help me go trhough this please let me know. The solution that wrote me before it is very good, but it does not suit the clients need for operative reasons, althoug it was a very good one.

Thanks