cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Bidders / Vendors with BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Some Basic questions. The creation of Bidders/Vendors in SRM will create a BP and links the Bidder/Vendor to the Vendor Org structure.

Can we create just a BP alone for a Bidder/Vendor in SRM, maintain him and make him participate in bidding, without any data as a Bidder/Vendor in Manager Business Partner data?? If so how??

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes.Technically speaking,yes you can manually create the Bidders in the SRM system(w/o the std Supplier registration process).As suggested in the previous replies,you just need to create the COntact person (user) for the Bidder thorugh the MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER transcn.Another way would be to create a BP,then a CP for that BP and then assign the SU01 user to that BP thorugh which you can login in the PROCESS BID trascn and create BIDS.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response. My question was slightly different.

I am very well aware of the fact that the Bidder/Vendors created in SRM has to be linked to the Org structure, and also that we need to create Contact persons for them.

Basically when we can create Bidders/vendors and also their corresponding contact persons in 'Manage Business Partner' transaction, which would create a 'Bidder Master data' with a bidder number and a 'business partner master data' with a bp number( If I am right, CP creation and SU01 User linking will be automatically taken care of ).

Now my question was that, can I go and create a business partner with transaction BP, linking him to Org structure and also to a user id, and make the BP work fine in Bidding.

As Disha suggested, can I just create a BP, CP for the BP and a SU01 user for the BP alone? Will that alone be sufficient?

If yes, then after creating the BP, how do I create a CP for the BP and link the User to the BP?

Thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i said ,you will have to first create SU01 user for the bidder and then seperately create the BP's(1 for Bidder,employee,contact person) and then link these to the SU01 user ID.

All the creation and linkage is to be done through transcn BP only and after that you can assign the Bidder to the Org thorugh trascn BBPMAININT.There are std FM's for the various assignments also so you just need to find those also instead of doing it through the trascn.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

every active supplier needs to be created somehow in SRM and need to be part of the Org Model to be used in processes. There is no way around this. You need to create the company as a vendor in SRM and create contacts via trx Manage Business Partner.

You create a supplier within SRM manually or via the registration scenario, and create for these suppliers employees. These contacts act then as the bidders login into the system and creating the bids,

The tricky part is, if you want to create a PO based on an accepted bid from a SRM only supplier, you need to think about.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You can create a "Contact Person for a Business Partner" and use the person participate in Bidding.

- Suren