cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameters to iView (VC Model) from Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In VC, we have a model that has a start point as input with few input parameters.

As per the WIKI note https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/passing%2bvalues%2bvia%2burl

We were able to make the VC model read the parameters from the URL. Once we got this working, we created a new page in Portal and we added the VC model as an iview to the page.

Is there a way i could add the parameters as a part of configuration of the page or the iview in the portal?

I would like to know if it's possible to pass the value of InputParameter to iView from portal ?

We tried setting the isolation of the iview to URL, to utilize the parameters property. But we are not able to figure out how to pass parameters from here

Any help would be highly appreciated!

THanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a scenario where a VC form on the front page of our portal sends values to a separate page where the search results are displayed. The url is made up of the PCD id and the neccessary parameters. The target page is displayed as a popup. This works fine. The url looks like this:

http://server:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fint.agra.f0000!2fint.agra.f0060!2fd0001!2fframeworkPages!2fint.agra.p0100!2fcom.sap.portal.innerpage!2fcom.sap.portal.contentarea?NavigationTarget=navurl%3A%2F%2F9c506d0cfa29ad6f8d27790117c4c622&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row%20FSTNAME_M='henning'%20LASTNAME_M='strand'></Params>;

Does this describe a similar scenario as you want?

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

Thanks for replying back. Can you please eloborate on what you mean by "The url is made up of the PCD id and the neccessary parameters."

My scenario: A portal page has one VC model added on to it as a delta link. THis VC model needs to parameters say Place and City. I am able to call the VC model directly by passing in the params from the URL

paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row PLACE ='abc' CITY='BC'></Params>;

The problem we are placing is how to pass the above parameters from portal to the iView that contains the VC model.

Any suggestions?

THanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a page and add the VC iview. Set the iview's isolation method to URL and 'Parameters to Pass from Page Request (for URL Isolation)' to *. This passes all page parameter down to the iview.

For simplisity of calling a url set a value for iview setting quicklink, for example 'linktest'. Now try calling page url adding the parameters.

(you also need to add the page to a role and workset to be able to navigate to the page through ordinary portal navigation)

For you the link would be:http://server:port/irj/portal/linktest?_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row PLACE ='abc' CITY='BC'></Params>;

This opens the page and passes the parameters through to the VC model in the iview.

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

Sounds like a very good suggestion. I will give it a try and let you know.

Again thanks a lot for sharing this information.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I see I made a mistake. The setting of quicklink has to be done for the page, not the iview.

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

The solution gave by you worked. But is there a way we can have the query string populated by default instead of us adding the querystring in the url.

Here is the use case weare stuck with : when some one hits first level navigation tab, we need to call the portal page taht has the VC iview with a particular querysting values.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't any other thoughts than that it should have been possible to default the parameter values at page level. For example search iviews have this possibility. I have tried to pass the same parameters I used in the url by setting these in the parameters to pass... field at page level. This didn't work (as you have already found out).

So, I am at a loss here. Maybe you have to develop your own page template or something...

Hope someone else can provide tips.

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Best Regards,

Naveen

Answers (0)