cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple output products in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a business requirement to have multiple output products in one PPM (ex. 100 input component A produce 3 output components - 70 X, 10 Y, and 20 Z). However, in product plan assignment it doesn't allow me to enter one PPM to more than one output product. How do I get this work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not? I don't understand what you want APO to do with this PPM or multiple PPM's?

If demand is for 70 units of X; and the PPM is used; then it will create supply of 70X, 10Y, and 20Z? Or do you want only 70X to be produced?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still confused by your requirement...

A PPM is nothing more than a BOM/Routing.

Consequently, its product specific.

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to minimize master data setup and have the same PPM be used for 3 different products? Each can utilize the same PPM like a reference routing?

Or is it 3 products are produced at the same time by the same actions (production order)?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, the 3 products are produced at the same time by the same product order. I'm not familiar with how co-product works in APO. Are they also the output products in PPM with co-product flag? Can APO recognize them as supply when there is demand?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

You can maintain one product as Primary product in R/3 and other products as co product in R/3 Production version and transfer the same to APO where the flag for primary product will get set.

Also I tried setting multiple output products in APO PPM and it worked and the PPM got activated, so maybe you can check with SAP regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Sanjog

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about by-products?

If you have input material ABC for 100 units; during production you are getting 70 X, 10 Y, and 20 Z at the same time?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all X, Y, Z will be produced. Something smiliar to by-products but shouldn't be modeled as co-products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can model this by maintaining the by products for Y & Z in the BOM of A and transfer the PPM to APO.

When you do this, you can find multiple output products in the PPM.

hope this helps

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys!

I don't want to model them as by-products as they are actually different grade of the same product. Depends on the demand I have will another PPM to downgrade X or Y to fulfill demands for Y and Z to minimize the total inventory.

Also I can only build the PPMs in APO as it is a stand alone system w/o R/3. The question is that I need to create a PPM with 3 output products X, Y & Z. Is this doable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Anyone knows how to create a PPM with multiple output product? I tried create one but wasn't able to enter the same PPM more than once in "Product Plan Assignment'. What did I do wrong?

Thanks!