cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report with the alerts that have been thrown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We are using the XI alerts to send several e-mails according to the alert that have been thrown.

Now, I would like to know if some report could be automatically generated showing the information of these alerts. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sergi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi !

Try to go to TX SLG1 in your XI server, and in the filters, choose "ALERT" for the "object" field (the first one).

Regards,

Matias.

ps : please award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matias.

I think we're on the right track, but when I try to get the log filtering by the Alert Framework I always get the same response: "no log found in the database".

Nevertheless, I can see an alert in my alert inbox (runtime workbench).

How can I retrieve the log? Could I create a report with the information of these alerts?

Regards,

Sergi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi !

That's strange. I assume you tried with a wide date range, just to be sure that it is not a filter issue.

Try this:

go to TX 'ALRTCATDEF', locate your alert category and write down the name. Maybe you can get it from the RWB Alert Inbox, I'm not sure. Anyway, in the ALRTCATDEF tx there will be one or more alert categories already defined. Also you can find the alert category in use in the part of the scenario where the alert is triggered.

Then go to tx SLG1, in object filter keep the "*" and this time complete the "External ID" field with the name of the alert category, matching the case.

Try to find the alert this way.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Exactly, it is not a filter issue.

I don't understand why but I can't see any alert through this transaction, although some alerts are shown in the RW alert inbox. Configuration problem? Do you need a special configuration to see the log?

On the other hand, I have discovered the ALRTDISP transaction, which shows the alerts that have been triggered. Is it similar to SLG1?

Does SLG1 supply more information?

Anyone can help me to discover why the alerts are not saved in the log?

Many thanks!

Sergi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi !

Try switching on the alert management log (via transaction ALRTCATDEF - Settings - Configuration - Logging - mark 'Write log' checkbox). Afterwards recreate the problem and check if a log is written (via transaction SLG1 - Object: ALERT). check if a log is written. If so the alert management is called and the alert gets lost within processing of the alert, if not then the alert management isn't called and you may have to troubleshoot that first.

Regards,

Matias.

Answers (0)