Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add transaction to role, but users assigned to the role still cannot access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authorization gurus,

I am attempting to add a new transaction to several different existing roles.

I used PFCG to do this, and added it to the menu tab, and saved.

When I run a report to show which roles contain the new transaction, all the roles show fine.

Also, the report that lists all transactions within a role - the new transactions shows fine.

BUT...when I run a report to show which USERS can access that transaction, the users assigned to the roles are not listed and they cannot access the transaction.

The roles are definitely assigned correctly to the users, I have checked.

Have a missed a step in adding the trans to the role?

Thanks for your help!

Allie

1 REPLY 1

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Have a missed a step in adding the trans to the role?

Yep, you did. To be more precise, you need to add the transaction to the role's profile before the user can benefit from it.

The report you ran reads the role menu and correctly showed your added transaction there. The second report looked for users authorized to run this transaction.

In PFCG enter the role and go to the tab called 'authorizations', which should now have a red traffic light. Here's the core of your problem.......

Click 'change authorization data'

Resolve any 'not green' traffic lights, save the profile and generate.

Next go to the tab user. If that has a green light you're fine, otherwise hit "user comparison".

All necessary info about maintaining roles is in [saphelp|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/52/6714a9439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm] or the 3day course ADM940.

Jurjen