Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get personnel area under organizational level screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in the middle of creation of HR Role,

please tell me how to get the personnel area under organization level tab under pfcg-->change authorization data.

Regards,

SM

11 REPLIES 11

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

0 Kudos

Thanks for answer,

Could you explain me how to use it..as its a first time i am using it.

Thanks

Regards,

Najeeb ..

0 Kudos

It's a report, so go to SA38 and run it. Look at the selection screen and fill in the fields.

I've been told the 'test mode' checkbox is not reliable, so try it on a sandbox first.

It's counterpart is called PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE. That can be used to reverse the results.

As with all mass maintenance tools, best put all roles you're going to affect in a transport first and release the transport. This will allow you to restore any wrongdoing.

0 Kudos

Which autorization field do i have to enter here.

Regards,

SM

0 Kudos

>

> Which autorization field do i have to enter here.

The one you want to be organizational, looking at the post subject that would be PERSA. Always turn on technical names in PFCG to see the actual object and field names and values instead of the descriptions. This will help you to find appropriate documentation.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

SM

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Is it possible that with a SAP update/info package this orgi field that you have added will be un done?

Kind regards

jan van Roest

0 Kudos

I've never heard of that. What's the most important thing to remember about these fields is that it is not important for the existing authorizations wether they're origanizational or not.

The resulting profile values will be the same for values taken from table AGR_1251 (non org fields) and AGR_1252 (org fields).

Effectively the possibility to have organizational fields is only a building and maintenance aid in relation with derived roles.

If you're scared of update effects download table USORG prior to and after the upgrade/package and compare the two downloads.

Besides that there's no punishment on re-running PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE on a field more than once.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I have executed this report and it has generated one Role ,

but i am not able to use this role as inheritence, i have copied this role to zGBtest1 , now when i try to inherit its not allowing ,

it says its not in a customer namespace.

Please advice.

regards,

SM

0 Kudos

>

> I have executed this report and it has generated one Role ,

> but i am not able to use this role as inheritence, i have copied this role to zGBtest1 , now when i try to inherit its not allowing ,

>

> it says its not in a customer namespace.

You've lost me completely.

First: PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE does not generate roles. It only changes the roles which hold the field you're changing.

Second: For inheritance it does not matter for the profile generator if there are organizational fields in the parent or not.

Third: Roles are technically seen as masterdata, not customizing or workbench so there no such thing as a 'customer namespace' in role maintenance.

Please tell me step by step, transaction by transaction and button by button what you were doing when things went wrong.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , its working fine now, as this is first time i was executing it took long to understand,

i have executed the report on fields like persa , sachp... i can use it in Role as a org level.

Thanks again

Regards,

SM